Friday, October 24, 2008

4 years...

I know this is incredibly cheesy but yesterday was the four year mark. Four years ago Dave and I decided we should try the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Actually, he told me he wanted me to be his girlfriend and then we sat on the couch and made up rules about what that meant. I told him he had to drive whenever we went anywhere. He told me I had to call him everyday. We decided that it would be a good idea. I guess it was cause here we are 4 years later, laughing about that night and all that we signed up for with that decision. I can't decide if that seems like a long time, or too short. I think its both. How did I sleep without Dave warming up the bed (thanks Kate and Hay and Lisa for being my lifetime bed buddies...) and yet four years: That is almost a 5th of my life!
So how did we spend out anniversary? Dave worked out at 5:30 am with his football players (I kept sleeping), went to work, went to the house and sanded and started to do the final coat of paint on the baseboards, went to practice, came home and went to a candle party (Dave was not in attendance, he was at a recruiting meeting) and finally heading back to the house to paint baseboards until midnight. Not very Anniversary-like. So at 12:30 we went to K-Mart and bought a bottle of wine and some Sam Adams winter lager, went home to watch the DVR'd Office, and relax. We were both asleep within 15 minutes....
PS. no we didnt paint our trim lime green...I just wanted to add a picture

No comments: