Monday, March 14, 2011

Enough

This theme is my theme right now.
My mantra...
"You are enough, you have enough, there will be enough."
Mantra is simply a word or phrase you repeat over and over and over until it sticks. Or for me it is my prayer. It is the work that God is doing in me. It is the root of some of my deepest fears:
I will not get enough (love, food, money, stuff etc.)
Which really means that I am afraid that by myself, without any of these other things, that I am not enough.

I am not enough. I am so afraid that I am not enough.

But Jesus tells me that I am. He tells me that He made me on purpose, and that because He made me with a purpose, I have everything I need to complete my purpose.

Ephesians 2:10 " For we[insert your name here] are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which He prepared in advance for us, that we should walk in them."

1. He handcrafted ME. (you too :)
2. He made with with Christ Jesus, who has the divine power to demolish any and all strongholds and anything that sets itself up against the knowledge of Christ (2 Corithians 10:3-6).
3. He made me to do specific works, with a purpose, and we are supposed to walk in them.

All leading me to believe that if He did all of that work, He would not have wasted it on something that I cannot do.

Katie said something to me from this book that she is reading right now. "A walnut seed can grow to be 2 things. A flourishing, productive walnut tree or a sad, sickly one. It can never become a rose bush."

So today I will keep praying my prayer of enough. I will keep asking God to show me that I am and will forever have enough if I trust Him.

And don't try to get enough for myself...but that is for another post.


No comments: