Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Change!

Sleep training!!

Why did I not do this sooner. Well, I know why. I wasn't ready. Having Dave home to help and be patient when I have been with Ashby all day and am at the end of my rope is huge :)

7 days ago I went on a date with my hubby and told him I was finally ready to let Ashby sleep in her own room.

The next day she woke up 8 times.
The next night...it was 12 (every half hour until she finally got it figured out and slept for a 2.5 hour stretch)

I was getting distressed...not to mention exhausted.

Fortunately Dave was really supportive. And we stuck with it.

Little miss Ashby slept from 8:30 last night until 6 am without nursing once..and only woke up once to have Daddy rock her back to sleep in 2 minutes...

I woke up to check and make sure she was still alive and to let Kuma out to pee.

6 days and she is already made vast improvements!!! And she is napping everyday for at least 2 hours, in her own crib :)





Amazing what a little wisdom and a little perseverance can accomplish. And a really amazing husband who will get up in the night to help :)

No comments: