Friday, August 8, 2008

a gentle reminder...

I love the way God works. My sister text messages me a bible verse this morning. The exact bible verse that I needed to hear. Especially after my little hissy fit that I threw yesterday when Dave told me that we needed every single penny we own for our down payment, plus some that we don't have...

I know God wants us to have this house.
I know he provides.
I just like to have things my way and have a really hard time when I can't see the forest through the trees.

Matthew 7:24-25 (New International Version)

24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

My husband doesn't struggle with that like I do. I am so thankful that he is so steady. Especially on days when I get angry and cry on the phone with him on my way to cheer practice. He tells me he loves me (which is sweet and alternately irritating and makes me want to rip out my hands free headset!) That he can sleep like a bear while I stay awake until 3 in the morning reading a book and eating tortilla chips in bed because I cant sleep but I want to be next to him because its comforting.

I can't wait to move into my new house. After all of this, we were approved yesterday provided we meet a few requirements. Like signing over our firstborn child and our free time for the next few years.

The rains come and go. In California we have earthquakes too. But our house stands firm.

Sure glad that its not built upon my strength.

No comments: