Friday, April 15, 2011

The worst 5 years

Happy Anniversary to me! I know the title doesn't sound like what an anniversary blog post should be about.

Lets get real for a minute. I know I struggle with that right....

Dave and I went out last night to celebrate by ourselves before we head over the mountains today to go wine tasting and visit friends in Yakima. He said such an amazing thing. The first 5 years we were settling in. We were letting down the walls. We were getting comfortable with having to be real people while we were really in love.

The next 5 will be even better. And the 5 after that. Its actually really exciting to think that some of our hardest work might be behind us. Obviously we will always have work to do, and obviously the closer we get the deeper the "stuff" we get to work through together.

5 years ago today I woke up realizing that was the last day I would ever have to wake up by myself.

I love you with all of my scarred, dramatic and sensitive heart baybuh.

You are my forever.



ps. as an anniversary gift to us Ashby has slept through the night 2 nights in a row!

No comments: