Monday, February 1, 2010

Better than we could ask or imagine.

I'm feeling ill prepared to write this post.

I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and feeling so ready to be done being pregnant and to be a momma now. I'm uncomfortable and antsy and in this in between paused moving forward and yet totally on hold trying to keep myself busy.

Missing my husband who now lives 2 states away.

Because he is the new Offensive Quality Control coach for the Seattle Seahawks.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS.

NFL.

WHAT!!!!!!??????????

3 weeks ago we were watching ESPN, heads spinning with the prospects that Pete Caroll was leaving USC and we had no idea where or what or who or when or how or if that meant anything for us.

14 months ago Dave was trying to get over our round 2 playoff loss with El Camino College, making a stipend for football of about 1200$ a year.

There are many details to go over. Many answers to prayer that I cannot even begin to explain. So many ways that this makes absolutely no sense. So many ways that we have been elevated to a position that we are not even near qualified for and yet totally ready for. So many ways that God has said "Because I love you, because you are MY creation, which I made plans in advance for so you could fulfill my purposes for you, because I said I would never leave nor forsake you."

For the first time words like "stay at home mom" and "never have to go to LAUSD for a day of work again" are entering my mind. And they are going to be a reality.

Now we need to have a baby. I need to meet my daughter. But, not until after tomorrow.

Dave signed the paperwork today at his new office in Renton, WA. The Virginia Mason Athletic Center and the headquarters of Seahawk football. He has more meetings this week but will be on the first plane home when I tell him its time. Meanwhile my mom is here and we are having a "pre-baby" vacation of sorts just chilling out waiting.

And then in a month or so I will be packing up our things, our new sweet bundle, and joining my husband on our new adventure.

Here is a link to the article the put on the USC website today to announce the news.

http://www.usctrojans.com/blog/2010/02/canales-heads-to-seattle.html

Much much more to come. For now I am overwhelmed, excited, tired, thankful, and very very pregnant.

Ephesians 3

20    Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,


21     Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. 

No comments: